EUROPEAN UNION MISSION IN GHANA
European Mission Delegation in Ghana.
The Delegation of the European Union to Ghana is part of the European Union External Service, and is one of the more than 130 Delegations throughout the world. The Delegation has the status of a diplomatic mission and officially represents the European Union in Ghana. The European Union Mission (Embassy) is located in Cantonments, close to Akufo Addo Circle and almost opposite the Togo Embassy.
The European Commission is one of the institutions of the European Union, the others being the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union, the Court of Justice and the Court of Auditors. The European Union is made up of 28 Member States, has a population of around 500 million and is the largest trading bloc in the world.
The Delegation’s mandate includes the following:
- To actively promote the values and policies of the European Union, in an open and equal partnership with the Government and people of Ghana;
- To deepen the political dialogue on all issues of mutual interest and to strengthen the partnership;
- To implement the EU Common Foreign and Security Policy, the development and trade policies focusing on poverty alleviation and on the promotion of democracy, Human Rights and the Rule of Law as well as the smooth and gradual integration of developing countries into the world economy;
- To inform Ghana about the policies and programmes of the European Union, as well as its institutions and values
- To support regional integration in the Economic Community of West African States as well as the planned development of Pan-African policies, programmes and institutions.